Becoming a single parent, David Marin adopted three Hispanic siblings abandoned by felons in Santa Barbara County and stuck in the Social Services system.
David's book, This Is US: The New All-American Family, was excerpted in Reader's Digest worldwide -17 million copies in 21 languages.
"This is US fills the world with the breath of hope."
- Jacquelyn Mitchard, Best-selling author of The Deep End of the Ocean (Oprah's first Book Club Selection) and Second Nature: A Love Story
"David Marin's quest...brings new meaning to the phrase "against all odds."
- Jessica O'Dwyer Author of Mamalita: An Adoption Memoir
"The love is palpable; the prose throbs with life; the insights sparkle."
- Julia Alvarez, Best-selling author of How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents
"Mr. Marin...is a fantastic writer."
- NY Journal of Books
"David Marin is wise, warm, funny, insightful, passionate, persistent, and occasionally (and justifiably) outraged."
- Richard Mahler Author of Secrets of Becoming a Late Bloomer
"If every man could understand the heart-warming and life-changing truths David Marin so personally reveals in This is US, America would be a stronger country."
- Dr. Meg Meeker Best-selling author of Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
"I have written to anyone I find interesting and so far you are the realest person I know. You have spilled fingernail paint, called your child Shrek, and 'adocted' three kids. I find your story true and entertaining. As your book drew to an end I was sad for the story to end, but happy that I could reread it on my Nook. I want you to know that I will always be a fan of yours for all of the good you have done."
- T.J. 13 years old